Engaging Entrepreneurs in the Burbs-i2n/LVI Meetup a Big Success!
The Ideas x Innovation Network (i2n), Liberty Valley Initiative Meetup (LVI), West Chester University and WSFS Bank teamed together to bring Philly and the burbs’ start-up communities together on July 25th as part of our shared mission to foster technology and entrepreneurial growth in the region.
Here are some highlights of the evening:
- 82 participants gathered for 3 hours at the WCU Foundation and enjoyed an evening of networking, refreshments and a presentation by Robert J. Moore
- Our speaker, Bob Moore, is the head of Magento Business Intelligence at Magento Commerce and the Co-Founder and Chairman of Stitch. Bob also serves as the President of Philly Startup Leaders. He spoke to the crowd about his experience (the good, the bad and the ugly) as founder of RJMetrics. Bob was easy going, fun, informative and generous with his time; networking with the group in advance, speaking for 45 minutes, Q&A for 30 minutes and remaining for continued one on one discussions with participants.
- Over 20 startup companies, including some new faces, were amongst the participants, such as
- i2n-member emerging technology startups such as: Brandywine Photonics, Curotec, GarageLabs
- New startup founders such as: iGRID, NicMarie
- Several ecosystem representatives were in attendance. Here is just a sampling:
- Space Providers: Uncommon Individual Foundation, Headroom, SwopeLees
- Mentors and Coaches from SCORE and successful startups ROAR, Curotec, Sparknet
- Investors/Funders/Bankers: WSFS (our sponsor!), BFTP SE, Keiretsu, Fulton, Citizens
- Educational Partners: WCU (our host!), Immaculata, PSU, Widener, Millersville
- Service Providers: Cogeco Peer 1, J*Lis Management
- Heritage Industry Partners: Pfizer, Main Line Health
- Support for the event also came from PA House of Representatives Warren E. Kampf Member, 157th Legislative District and author of the Innovate PA initiative that raised $100M to fuel innovation through entities such as BFTP
- Throughout the evening attendees were making new connections, refreshing existing connections, sharing business cards and contacts, setting up future meetings. And we got some good local PR coverage. See below for links.
Thank you to our meetup partner, LVI; our host and i2n Board member, West Chester University; and our generous sponsor, WSFS Bank!
Here is a link to some of the photos taken by WCU during the event: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm1gWT4i
Here is the VISTA.Today Coverage: https://vista.today/2017/07/engaging-entrepreneurs-burbs/
Here is the Daily Local Coverage: http://www.dailylocal.com/business/20170731/chester-county-entrepreneurs-get-inside-look-at-launching-tech-with-magento-exec